Ninja Tech Academy
Welcome to NTA!

WE Hope You Enjoy Your Stay!

Ninja Tech Academy
Welcome to NTA!

WE Hope You Enjoy Your Stay!

Ninja Tech Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ninja Tech Academy

Dark Ninjas Find Their Home Here

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
In need of a Entrance Exam? Click Here
Did you introduce yourself?Click Here To introduce yourself.
Want This site running well and to its full potential? Then Donate Now.. $1 is what it will take.Click HereFor more Info.
NTA POD

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com
Statistics
We have 245 registered users
The newest registered user is lightwillbegin

Our users have posted a total of 2361 messages in 356 subjects
Ninja Awards
Ninja Of The Week is Xero_- Most Active Person is Primus Early Staff Of The Week is Shining Escurido Admin Of The Week isThe Ultimate Mike
Neo Tech Awards
Tech Of The Week is Bitch.69! SilverGrovyle, Most Active Person is timaeusTestified Staff Of The Week is WaldosShadow Admin Of The Month is Bingo
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 249 on Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:49 am
Top posters
Lightsworn Overlord
primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero I_vote_lcapprimus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero I_voting_barprimus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero I_vote_rcap 
Death The Kid
primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero I_vote_lcapprimus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero I_voting_barprimus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero I_vote_rcap 
TaiyouKing*
Shining Escuridao
WaldosShadow
The ultimate mike
Headmaster Troll
TD-Shogun
M3e//Ez313
Headmaster Excalibur

primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TD-Shogun
Tester
Tester

Mood : primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero DcZIX

primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero Empty
PostSubject: primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero   primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:58 pm

Gemini monsters have always interested me. A lot of them have powerful effects, but it seems that people think they're just too slow for the format. Well, when the Warriors' Strike structure deck was released, Geminis got some new support that really gave them the edge they needed.

That support came in the form of Evocator Chevalier and Supervise. Those two cards together make for a quick plus that allows you to go into Xyz monsters and gain field advantage. Supervise turns on Evocator Chevalier's ability, and that ability lets you send Supervise to the graveyard to destroy an opposing card. That's a 1-for-1 trade, since you pitch Supervise to destroy a card. Then, since Supervise was sent to the graveyard, its effect triggers and Special Summons a Normal Monster back from the graveyard – an easy +1. Right now, the only really Gemini monster that's being played is Elemental Hero Neos Alius, but there are so many others with really good effects.

The deck that we're going to be looking at today is a little different than most. It has a lot of different gears that make this machine work. When working with Geminis, we can take full advantage of HERO monsters, as well as the Evocator Chevalier / Supervise engine. On top of that, Crusader of Endymion and Dark Valkyria make for a sick two-piece combo. It's actually quite simple: just use Crusader of Endymion's effect, pumping him to 2500 ATK in the process, to place a spell counter on Dark Valkyria, increasing her to 2100 attack points. You can then attack for 4600 damage, or use Dark Valkyria's effect to pop a card on the field.

In addition to those two combos, any deck that can run triple Gemini Spark isn't something to overlook. These three engines make up the basic strategy of the deck, so let's take a look at the deck list itself.

Spoiler:

So what does this deck do? Well, for starters, it blows up a lot of cards! With triple Gemini Spark, two Dark Valkyria, and Evocator Chevalier, you have a heck of a lot of destruction power. Similar to HERO beat, this deck gets rid of opposing threats while keeping huge attackers on the field. I talked about the three core engines before, but I feel that it's important to discuss the rest of the card choices, too.

The Supervise Part
The only proper way to go over this deck is piece by piece. The reason for that is because this strategy is just a huge puzzle made up of a bunch of smaller pieces that, when assembled, somehow work.

The first piece to the puzzle is the most important one: the Evocator Chevalier component. Chevalier is a sick card, able to create fast pluses. It's searched by Reinforcement of the Army, and it's a fire attribute monster, so it can be used for Elemental HERO Nova Master. Blazewing Butterfly goes along with Chevalier, creating some powerful combos. The most basic combo is equipping the Butterfly with Supervise and then tributing Blazewing with its effect. This allows you to get two special summons; one from Blazewing (whatever it Summons gets its effect) and one from Supervise (probably the one you want to use as a beater). Depending on what monsters you summoned, you can press with destructive abilities and even overlay for a powerhouse card such as Blade Armor Ninja. This is just one of the many Supervise combos, and that's just the beginning of the cool things you can do with it. The thing that makes Supervise so good, is that the monster it's equipped to doesn't need to be face up for it to resolve. Your monster gets Book of Mooned? Doesn't matter, you still get your special summon from Supervise. It also means that you can immediately replace your monster if it's destroyed by battle. Supervise is an all around great card and helps keep your field presence strong.

I would definitely include Gemini Summoner in the Chevalier group. Summoner is just an all around good card. Its effect helps you compensate for some of the slowness that's attributed to Geminis, by speeding along your Summons. It's also a water attribute, so hello Elemental Hero Absolute Zero! Summoner's last trick is that once per turn it can't be destroyed by battle, so it usually sticks around for a couple turns.

The HERO Part
Coming in at a close second to the Chevalier theme in importance, is the Elemental HERO theme. The HERO cards in general are really good. I'm not going to go into them too much, because you all probably know their plays and understand how they work: as you stack up monsters in your graveyard, Miracle Fusion becomes a really powerful trump card that can Summon a variety of powerful HERO monsters, helping you put pressure on your opponent in the mid and late game. One thing to keep in mind here is that you can get Elemental Hero Neos Alius back with Supervise, and then go straight into Super Polymerization, which is a nifty little trick.

The Crusader Part
Another piece to the puzzle is the simple Crusader of Endymion and Dark Valkyria combo. As I stated earlier, these two cards on the field allow you to blow up larger monsters while attacking directly for some major hurt: Valkyria's effect lets you pitch a Spell Counter from it to destroy a monster, while Crusader's effect lets you put a Spell Counter onto Valkyria once a turn. Together, they're a destructive combo that happens to pack alot of ATK.

The best way to get both of them Gemini Summoned as fast as possible, is to either use them in conjunction with Gemini Summoner or Superalloy Beast Raptinus. Actually, Superalloy is worth mentioning in and of itself. When you reveal Superalloy for Future Fusion, most people (unlike when you reveal Five-Headed Dragon) won't bother Mystical Space Typhooning on the chain. That's a grave mistake to make, since Superalloy makes Blazewing Butterfly really good, and makes the Crusader / Valkyria combo a lot easier to pull off.

Lastly, I'd like to mention that Rose, Warrior of Revenge is in here for a couple of reasons. First, she can be overlaid for Blade Armor Ninja since she's a Warrior. Secondly she's Level 4, and since every monster in this deck is Level 4 she makes eight star Synchros out the waazoo. The most notable Synchro Monster we're playing is Black Brutdrago. It's just a really bulky Blazewing Butterfly, but it can also be used to take out pesky spells and traps.

The Spells
As you can probably tell by the deck title, Supervuse is one of – if not the – most important spell card in the deck. It's basically a Call Of The Haunted, Special Summoning back thirteen out of seventeen of the monsters we're playing. It's so important that I actually included a card most people forgot about, Hidden Armory. The Armory is the reason that Premature Burial is Forbidden. It's really good here, because you summon Chevalier and then play Armory next turn, grabbing a Supervise from your deck.

A lone Reinforcement of the Army and two E - Emergency Call are the go-to toolbox cards, letting you search out important Warriors like Stratos, Alius, and Chevalier. Miracle Fusion is a card I tested at one, but decided was better at two. The wide variety of attributes gives you lots of Fusion Monster options, and it's often a game-ending card. Super Polymerization is also a choice pick for this deck and its theme. Not only can you do the regular Super Poly shenanigans, but in the HERO match-up, you've got the option of using your opponent's Alius and another Gemini you control to go into Superalloy Beast Raptinus. That's a sick move that your opponent won't see coming. This deck has a really great match-up with Heroes.

Gemini Spark at three is ridiculous. Everybody knows that the card is beast: lots of people run two copies paired with only three Gemini monsters in their deck, because it's so flexible and so useful. Well, this build has thirteen Gemini monsters, so it seems only natural to include triple Spark. We'll have no problem activating it.

We're running no trap cards, a decision I made for two reasons: speed, and to make my opponent's Heavy Storm and Mystical Space Typhoons dead draws. Because we don't play traps, Forbidden Chalice is a nice defense from monster effects: since we don’t run Solemn Warning, Chalice allows us to stop monsters that most decks would rely on Warning to stop, like Rescue Rabbit, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, and Inzektor Dragonfly. The other spells aren't really necessary to talk about, but it's notable that you can swap out the Mind Control for Book of Moon, Forbidden Lance, or a third Mystical Space Typhoon. I just prefer running Mind Control because it's too good of a card this format.

The Extra and Side Deck
As far as the extra deck goes, there's really not much space for other cards. Sine we're focusing not only on Fusions, but on Synchros and Xyz Monsters, we're really tight on space. There's no actual point to running Xyz that aren't Rank 4: Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Dragon is only here because we're running Mind Control, for those instances where we can grab an opposing Rank 5 or Rank 6. There's no real reason to use anything but Level 8 Synchros either, because Rose is your only tuner and she's Level 4, as are all your non-Tuners.

Superalloy Beast Raptinus is, as I've already stated, extremely good in this deck. Usually when I Future Fusion I make sure to put an Alius and Chevalier in my graveyard. If there's already one of those there, I opt to send Blazewing Butterfly instead. Those three monsters are the prime targets for Supervise's recursive Summoning effect, so it's important that they're in your graveyard. It should also be mentioned that you can use Evocator Chevalier as many times a turn as you want. When you use that effect with equip spells that aren't Supervise, that's fair because you're breaking even and making a 1-for-1 trade when you get Chevalier's effect off. But with Supervise, you can OTK the other player consistently with a field full of 1900 ATK Geminis.

I didn't include a side deck because your side should be based around the shape of your metagame, whether that be locals, regionals, or a YCS. You may want to include Cyber Dragons, Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, and Elemental Hero Gaia. Adding Effect Veiler to either the main or side deck is also a valid choice, but then you might want to include Ally of Justice Catastor and Mist Wurm in your extra deck. I chose not to run Veiler because of space issues, but please feel free to make adjustments as you see fit. Royal Decree is a card I would usually run in this deck, but I really feel like taking out three other cards for the three I'd put in just isn't worth it.

Final Thoughts
Basically, this deck is all out there. It's fast, and you have to play your cards right, but it can come out of nowhere for the win. Almost all the cards have multiple uses, and the variety of card decisions allows for a deck that's really, really entertaining to pilot. It may seem random, but I can promise you that if you take it to locals or regionals, you'll have a hell of a lot of fun playing it!

Back to top Go down
Raiden
Ninja Administrator
Raiden

PostSubject: Re: primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero   primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:06 pm

nice article again I'm defiantly gonna try this deck out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Headmaster Troll
T.G. Administrator
T.G. Administrator
Headmaster Troll

Mood : primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero Sltx5

PostSubject: Re: primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero   primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:02 pm

god how do you write all of this
Back to top Go down
TD-Shogun
Tester
Tester

Mood : primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero DcZIX

PostSubject: Re: primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero   primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Revis Island wrote:
god how do you write all of this

im not telling you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero   primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

primus's weekly deck article #3 supervise hero
Page 1 of 1